Use eConsult to save both a phone call to book an appointment and potentially a visit to the surgery. You can also use it to request a Fit Note (sick note) or GP letter. This NHS-approved service ensures your GP gets the information he or she needs to help you as quickly as possible - and has lots of really useful self-care information too.
- Find your symptom, condition or request.
- Fill out a quick form.
- You will receive a response by phone or email, by the end of the next working day.
To submit blood pressure readings to your clinician via eConsult choose the 'I want help for my condition' option and then click the 'Start a review' button at the bottom right of the conditions screen. Then select 'Hypertension review' and follow the instructions. You will be required to submit three readings. Read our guide here
More Coronavirus precautions to protect everyone:
NHS guidance and advice: www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19
With the increasing spread of coronavirus, we need to reduce unnecessary visits to the surgery. Please consider carefully if your problem is urgent or if it can wait and if you have respiratory symptoms, please do not come to the surgery: you may be putting other patients and the staff here at risk. Check your symptoms via the website above
1. We are are cancelling routine appointments and clinics and consulting, where possible, by telephone. If you require GP advice, please use e-Consult (above) in the first instance. If as a result of a phone consultation or an e-Consult a clinician advises that you need to be seen, they - or reception - will liaise with you directly to organise this.
Our Duty Doctor and Nurse team is still working but please be reminded of the most up-to-date guidance around coronavirus and self-isolation.
2. For patients who generally collect their repeat prescription from the practice, this will no longer be possible. We will instead send those prescriptions direct to a pharmacy. This includes controlled drugs. Please indicate your chosen pharmacy on your prescription request.
These new arrangements are in response to the evolving situation and based on guidance from Public Health England and with the support of our local commissioners.
With our patients' support we hope to deliver the safest possible service during this turbulent period. We remain committed to the health and well-being of our population and thank everyone for their support.
ON-LINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING : SUSPENDED
We are talking to all patients before booking appointments for them as a precaution against Corona virus. We have therefore taken the decision to suspend on-line booking of appointments for the time being. Apologies for any inconvenience. Please consider using e-Consult (above) if you require GP advice but think you might not need to attend the surgery. You will receive a response to your e-Consult by the end of the working day after we receive it. The e-Consult portal also has links to lots of really helpful self-care advice
Online Access with the NHS App
GP online services can now be accessed via the new NHS App and allows you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online [Repeat medication requests and Coronavirus: We are asking patients who are on repeat medication not to request additional quantities because they are concerned about Coronavirus limiting their ability to get future supplies. The government is doing all it can to protect supply chains and advises that stockpiling may lead to artificial shortages. Thank you for your consideration.]
- view your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results (If you do not already have online access contact the practice to have this enabled)
The system is fully automated and will remotely check your ID etc, so you can be up and running in seconds, even when we are closed.
More information including a support page with frequently asked questions are available at www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs-app/
If you do not have a smartphone or tablet you can access these services by filling in an application form that you can ask for at reception.
You will need to come into the surgery with photo ID (passport, driving licence) and proof of address identity (bank statement but not a gas, electricity or phone bill). If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up.
Please be aware these services are only available to patients over the age of 16. Parents/guardians cannot request access on behalf of children in their care unless by proxy access - ask reception for more information.
Ordering repeat prescriptions electronically
Patient Access (see below) is the simplest and most efficient option for patients who have internet access and an email account. It is totally secure; you simply choose the medication/s you require from the list of those on your 'repeat' list. Your request arrives straight into our clinical record system for processing.
If you do not have a login to Patient Access (it is simple to apply - click the link below) - you can email your repeat request to : email@example.com. This is a secure email address but patients are reminded to check the security of their own email provider when they are sending confidential information.