The Wilson Practice is a Dementia-friendly practice.
- we have assessed our environment to ensure it is as accessible and as easy to navigate around as possible for all our patients, including those with a diagnosis of dementia
- our staff are trained to be sensitive to all patients' needs and are able to make logical adjustments to assist with patient care, when possible
- we consider the needs of all patient groups when introducing change to the practice
DEMENTIA FRIENDLY ALTON - click here for local news
This campaign, promoted by the Alzheimer's Society and NHS England, is supported by the practice. It contains much sensible advice, including the facts that :
- Dementia doesn't have to stop you doing the things that you love
- Life doesn't end when dementia is diagnosed
- Dementia can be scary - but there is plenty of help: patients and families do not have to face it alone
For further information visit www.alzheimers.org.uk/DAW or telephone: 0300 222 1122
Carer Support and Dementia Advice Service
This service is commissioned by the CCG and Hampshire County Council.
Carer Support Service - This service operates on a preventative basis to address the support, information and advice requirements of individuals who are unpaid carers (including young adult carers) Any adult caring for another adult with any condition/illness. Their Carer Support Workers provide advice, signposting, strength based approach and emotional support for up to 12 months.
Groups: - Monthly Peer Support Groups - online and face to face in risk assessed venues.
- Weekly online Guided Meditation Sessions
Dementia Advice Service - 2 visits to assess service users needs to support and enable safe and independent living. (ie Funded Telecare pathway, medication management, social inclusion, benefit signposting) After which telephone contact is made every 6 months. They work with service users along their life with dementia.